Following on from the success of the last four years, IQPC is pleased to announce the dates for the 6th Annual Process Safety Implementation Week, which will take place in Abu Dhabi from 28 September – 1 October 2014.
The region’s most awaited event on process safety now moves into the 5th annual with an in-depth focus on implementation and sustainability apart from designing process safety programs. Now that most of the GCC’s national oil companies have made process safety an important indicator in every employee’s KPI, the responsibility of implementing PSM programs does not just lie with the HSE, process safety or process engineering departments. The task of implementing PSM programs now extends from operations, maintenance and loss prevention to production, technical and refinery management. With more and more incidents of oil spills, pipeline leaks, gas explosions, submarine blasts, etc all over the world, the safety of offshore and onshore resources, including people and facilities, is still a top priority and will continue to remain the single largest priority and responsibility of oil, gas and petrochemical companies including their vendors, partners and solution providers. The Process Safety Implementation Week promises to cover each and every PSM aspect to discuss implementation challenges, KPIs and strategies to drive improvement, PSM application in older operations, new technologies for hazard detection and how to successfully integrate PSM throughout a large organisation.
Learn about tomorrow's safety challenges today. Process Safety Management Week is an ideal place to get answers and directions on safety management. Share your experience today and prepare yourselves for tomorrow Mr. Saif Saed Saif Al-Moudad Al-Naimi, Director, HSE Regulations and Enforcement Directorate, Qatar Petroleum
What’s new for 2013?
- Over 80% case studies
- Insurance companies talking about what NOCs can do to bring their insurance premiums down
- Presentations from international and GCC regulators
- Specific incident-led case studies will showcase the root cause of major incidents and lessons learned
- Open discussion forums where PSM challenges can be freely examined
- PSM experts talking about how to improves the results of your process safety programme
- Over 25-30 speakers from NOCs and IOCs
- Presentations on process safety for green fields and brown fields
- Case studies from the “no mistake” industries: aviation and nuclear
The 5th Annual Process Safety Implementation Week will be addressing key PSM implementation challenges and how to overcome them through incident case studies. The summit will also focus on functional and operational PSM, leading and lagging indicators, key regulation updates and new softwares and systems which can enhance your PSM programme.
This year’s summit will bring together regional and international operating companies from the following departments:
- Process Safety
- Process Engineering
- Loss Prevention
Reasons for you to attend:
- Attend the only process safety event focused for the oil and gas industry in the MENA region and network with key players from major NOCs and IOCs
- Identify how to overcome major PSM implementation challenges and understand lessons learned from incident investigations
- Learn about emerging technologies which can quickly identify risks & hazards and safegaurd against accidents
- Further your understanding of crucial regional and international regulations and achieve higher PSM compliance
- Understand how leading and lagging indicators can propel PSM execution
Past attendees say it best!
The summit delivered an excellent update on PSM and gave a comprehensive image on the oil and gas industry’s process safety status for future moves Tasser Abdelaal, Control Team Leader, Borouge
The event presents a great opportunity to share learning across the industry and an opportunity to network with fellow professionals D. Jenkins, Upstream HSE Director, TNK-BP
Excellent group of safety experts in one venue J.W. Noorloos, Safety Consultant, Honeywell
This summit provided a global platform to share best practices on PSM to make the world safer. Great job IQPC!! Jigar Shah, Services leader, Invensys Middle East
Learn about tomorrow's safety challenges today. Process safety management week is an ideal place to get answers and directions on safety management. Share your experience today and prepare yourselves for tomorrow Mr. Saif Saed Saif Al-Moudad Al-Naimi, Director, HSE Regulations and Enforcement Directorate, Qatar Petroleum
Now a days safety is the number one concern of every industry, companies always have all sorts of systems and process to control risks, even so things do go wrong and sometime disastrously. That is why professionals should go to the Process Safety Management Week, in order to look for new techniques, update their information, and reactively learn from industry mistakes Ammar Hassan, Operations Safety Management Executive, Associate IIRSM – Technichan IOSH, PETRONAS Iraq
The 2012 Process Safety Conference in Abu Dhabi professionally organised by IQPC, provided a sobering insight into the day to day journey of the diverse process safety challenges faced by a number of Oil & Gas, asset / technical integrity leaders, within MENA region. A fantastic forum to openly and transparently learn what your neighbour is doing well, and perhaps not so well; and where a fountain of ideas, reflections and opportunities are shared with a common goal, to know that our assets are safe, & we know it!David Ellis, MENA Regional Production Engineering Support Manager, Shell